A. Terms of Service
These Terms of Service (the "Terms of Service") apply to subscribed users of our websites, RSS feeds, newsletters, applications, application programming interfaces (APIs) and services (herein, "Services") that are operated by or controlled by 3ME, including but not limited to 3ME Kenya, 3ME Thought Leadership, and the Triarch Enterprises Limited (collectively, "3ME," "we," "us," or "our").
We reserve the right at any time to change the terms, conditions, and notices under which the Services are offered, including but not limited to these Terms of Service. We will post such changes online. We recommend that you periodically review the Terms of Service on our website to stay informed of any updates.
Readership and Subscription
3ME reserves the right to send electronic mail to you for the purpose of informing you of changes or additions to the Service.
3ME may contact you via e-mail regarding your participation in user surveys, asking for feedback on current Services or prospective products and services. This information will be used to improve the Services and better understand our users, and any information we obtain in such surveys will not be shared with third parties, except in aggregate form.
Copyrights and Intellectual Property
The material provided by 3ME on the Services, including, without limitation, video, text, photos, data, information and graphics (the “Content”), is protected under Kenya and international copyright laws, is subject to other intellectual property and proprietary rights laws, and is owned by us or our licensor’s. Except as expressly permitted in writing from 3ME, as indicated below, the Content may not be copied, modified, reproduced, republished, posted, transmitted, sold, offered for sale, or redistributed in any way without our prior written permission and that of our applicable licensor’s, and you must abide by all copyright notices, information, or restrictions contained in or attached to any Content. We give you a personal, revocable, non-assignable, non-sub licensable and non-exclusive right to access and use the Services in the manner permitted by these Terms.
Permission to use Content is granted on a case-by-case basis. Please see the reprints and permissions page for more information.
You may not copy, make derivative works, resell, distribute, or make any commercial use of (other than to keep and share information for your own non-commercial purposes) any Content, materials, or databases from our network or systems. You may not sell, sub-license, or redistribute Content or our software applications or incorporate them (or any portion of them) into another product. You may not reverse- engineer, decompile, or disassemble the software applications or otherwise attempt to derive the source code (except where expressly permitted by law) or the communications protocol for accessing the Services or our networks. You may not modify, adapt, or create derivative works from the software applications or remove proprietary notices therein.
We may provide links to other sites or Internet resources for your convenience only, and such links do not signify or imply our endorsement of such other sites or resource or its contents. You agree that we shall have no responsibility or liability for the accuracy, completeness or veracity of any information, software, or materials found at any other site or internet resource.
Modifications of Services
We reserve the right to modify or discontinue all or any aspect of the Services without notice to you. We are not liable to you or any third party for losses of any kind arising from 3ME exercise of its right to modify or discontinue the services.
YOUR PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT TO US
Collection of Information
3ME may collect two (2) types of information about you: Personal and Non-Personal information.
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION. "Personal Information" refers to information that lets 3ME know the specifics of who you are and which may be used to identify, contact or locate you (e.g. name, mailing address, telephone number and e-mail address). 3ME may collect Personal Information when you use our Services, including, without limitation, this list of options (herein, "Shared Information"):
A. SUBSCRIPTION. Subscription to 3ME Thought Leadership requires that you supply certain personally identifiable information, including, in most cases, a unique e-mail address and demographic information.
B. USER-GENERATED COMMENTS AND PUBLIC ACTIVITIES (including Comments and Social Sharing). We offer you opportunities to engage in public activities on our Services. "Public Activities" are any actions you take on 3ME or Twitter and Facebook that are designed to be visible to other users on our Services, including commenting and posting to Facebook or Twitter. Any information you disclose in your Public Activities, including your screen name, and any image or photo, becomes public and may be used by 3ME, without notice to or consent from you and without compensation to you, for online and offline promotional or commercial uses in any and all media. If you chose to engage in Public Activities, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you choose to submit can be read, collected, and used by other readers of these areas, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums, and 3ME has no responsibility to publish, take down, remove, or edit any Public Activities.
C. SURVEYS, PANELS, AND MARKET RESEARCH. 3ME may collect personal information from you in connection with voluntary surveys. Unless we notify you otherwise at the time of collection, the information you provide in response to optional survey questions may be shared, but only in aggregate form, with advertisers and partners.
D. USAGE DATA. 3ME may collect information as you interact with the Services. For example, each time you visit the Services, we may automatically collect the Web page you came from, the URL you go to next, and the Web page(s) that you access during your visit.
2. NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION. "Non-Personal Information" refers to information that, by itself, does not identify you as a specific individual (e.g., demographic information or website visits). 3ME may collect Non-Personal Information through any of the methods discussed above, as well as automatically through use of industry standard technologies described further below. For example, each time you visit the Services, we may automatically collect your IP address, browser and computer type, and access time.
Methods of Collecting Information
1. SUBSCRIPTION. 3ME may require certain Personal Information and Non-Personal Information to create an individual account ("Account") or to enable features or functionality of the 3ME Network. Failure to provide all information required by 3ME may prevent access to any or all of the 3ME Network, and failure to maintain accurate information may result in suspension or termination of access to any or all of the 3ME Network.
2. Information Collected Through Technology. 3ME Services may gather the previously referenced Personal Information and Non-Personal Information by the following methods:
A. COOKIES. Cookies, including local shared objects, are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. They work by assigning to your computer a unique number that has no meaning outside of the 3ME Services. Cookies do not generally contain any Personal Information. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually configure your browser to prevent this. Not accepting cookies may make certain features of the 3ME Network unavailable to you.
ii. We also may allow certain analytic services and providers of applications used on the Services (e.g., sharing buttons) to collect Non-Personal Information by placing cookies on the Services that will track certain performance measures, such as Web traffic, click-throughs, etc., in order to assist us and our service providers in better understanding and serving the interests of our users.
B. IP ADDRESSES. You may visit many areas of the 3ME Services anonymously without becoming a registered User. Even in such cases, 3ME may collect IP addresses automatically. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you begin Services with an Internet service provider. Each time you access the 3ME Services and each time you request one of 3ME's pages, the server logs your IP address.
Use of Information
2. SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION. 3ME may use Non-Personal Information for the purposes of system administration, assisting in diagnosing problems with 3ME servers, monitoring 3ME's system performance and traffic on the 3ME Network, and gathering broad demographic information about 3ME customers.
5. NEWSLETTERS. 3ME offers several e-mail newsletters. If you no longer wish to receive a specific newsletter, follow the "unsubscribe" instructions located at the bottom of each newsletter. To manage your 3ME e-mail preferences, please click on the "unsubscribe" link found at the bottom of any newsletter you've received.
6. PROMOTIONAL E-MAILS. 3ME may also periodically e-mail you messages about products and services that we think may be of interest to you. You may choose not to receive messages in the future by following the "unsubscribe" instructions located at the bottom of each e- mail.
7. CONTACT INFORMATION. If you contact 3ME by telephone, e-mail, or letter, 3ME may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence. If you report a problem with the website, 3ME may collect this information in a file specific to you. You may contact 3ME to request the removal of this information from 3ME's database.
8. ADVERTISING. From time to time, we may share your Usage Data and Non-Personal Information to enable third parties who serve advertisements on the Services to deliver advertisements that will be relevant to you. We will not, however, share any such information in a manner that would enable the advertiser to personally identify you.
A. Targeted Advertising. In order to serve offers and advertisements that may be of interest to our users, we may display targeted advertisements on the Services based on Personal Information and Non-Personal Information provided by those users, including zip code and profile.
9. SERVICE PROVIDERS. From time to time, we may enter into relationships with third parties who provide services to us (e.g., data management and storage services). In those circumstances, we disclose User Information that is necessary for such service providers to perform those services, and we require that they maintain the confidentiality of such User Information.
Protection of Information
1. SECURITY MEASURES. 3ME takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of Personal Information. These include, but are not limited to, internal reviews of: (a) 3ME's data collection; (b) storage and processing practices; (c) electronic security measures; and (d) physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where 3ME stores Personal Information. All 3ME employees, contractors, and agents who access Personal Information are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, for unauthorized use or disclosure of Personal Information.
2. THIRD-PARTY LINKS. The 3ME Network may contain links to third parties who may collect Personal Information and Non-Personal Information directly from you. Additionally, 3ME may use third parties to provide components of the 3ME Network. In either case, such third parties may have separate privacy policies and data collection practices, independent of 3ME. 3ME: (a) has no responsibility or liability for these independent policies or actions; (b) is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites; and (c) does not make any warranties or representations about the contents, products, or services offered on such websites or the security of any information you provide to them.
Should the need arise, you may contact us as follows:
3ME / Triarch Enterprises Limited
P.O. Box 1514-00200 Nairobi